Saturday, December 8, 2007

"Two tickets please"


Last night Madison and I had 'girls night out'. We started out the evening at Madison's new favorite restaurant, Red Robin. After a delicious meal, we headed out to see the Nutcracker. Though I've seen the Nutcracker many times, this was Madison's first time and I was anxious to see what her reaction would be.

With her eyes wide and a smile from ear to ear, she gazed at the beautiful ballet dancers spinning and floating across the stage. She laughed at the rats shaking their tush to the chime of the grandfather clock and snickered at the boys fighting with their swords. During intermission, I treated her to some lemonade and brownies and bought her two stuffed animals in tutu's. One a pig, whom she named Pinky, and the other a frog, whom she named Rosabelle.

In Act II, the young lady and the Nutcracker enter the Kingdom of Sweets. Sugar plum fairies dance before them and after each one, Madison claps in excitement. By the end, Madison is leaning on my arm, fighting off sleep. She is too tired to stay after the play and get autographs from the dancers so we leave. It's snowing terribly on the drive home. Madison is too tired to answer any of her Daddy's questions. She slips on her new 'footsie' frog pajamas and falls asleep. By morning, she is at my bedside talking her Daddy's ear off about our little date and about all the pretty ballet girls, spinning on their toes and leaping through the air.

My next date is with my boo boo, Andrew. I'm taking him somewhere I can shoot a paintball gun at him! I can't wait!


No comments: