Thursday, February 5, 2009

Compulsive Kitty

For those of you who have seen my cat, he's huge! I've had him for 8 1/2 years and I absolutely adore him. He follows me wherever I go and is waiting by the door for me when I get home. Over the last year, he has gotten really fat. So fat that he can no longer reach his back to lick/comb his hair and I have to figure out a safe way to shave him. I refuse to take him out of the house to take him to get groomed because he completely freaks out and hyperventilates (for lack of a better way to describe it).
The compulsive part is what is starting to worry me. He has picked up this habit of eating lint and whatever else he finds off the floor. I swear the minute I leave the house he plops in front of his cat food and eats non-stop till I get home. And, if I'm busy cleaning and moving about, he is following me around and eating crap off the carpet. Although I love how big and cuddly he is, I wouldn't want him to die early because he is overweight. He puts Garfield to shame!

No comments: