Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ugh, 32 already?!

I feel as though I've blinked and 11 years have flown by! It seems as though I gave birth to my first child yesterday and here I am 11 years later and I am on child number 3! Even though I've accomplished a lot in those years: 2 brand new homes, 3 kids, 4 cars, almost 9 years of marriage and some college here and there, it seems like my life is beginning all over again and I am excited for what's in store.
My 32nd birthday was one of the best birthdays since my 21st! I've had lots of great gifts in between the two birthdays, (thanks babe!); however, the best gifts are the balloons, flowers, friends, and the little special gifts that I've received. As soon as I awoke, I was bombarded with lots of love and birthday wishes from my husband and kids. Oh, and not to mention the 7 a.m. attempted birthday wish from my sister! What was she thinking! NO calls until after 10 a.m.! I am NOT a morning person, duh! Later that day, my little brother, Ray, and his girlfriend, Afton (whom Madison and I absolutely adore), stopped by with a vase full of roses, a card, and a bunch of smiley face balloons! As if that weren't enough, my bestest friend, Jolene and her family, made a surprise visit. They brought me a bag full of my favorite things: Orange Milano cookies, Snapple Diet Peach Tea with the cool 'Snapple Facts' that I love to read, a 'butt load' of Taco Bell fire sauce, which is a staple in my diet, and some Safeway brand baked potato soup... just to name a few things. Finally, to top it all off, my hubby bought me an Oreo ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. I know, it doesn't take much to make me happy!



The best part of starting my life as early as I did, is being able to realize early on how quickly it goes by and cherishing every moment of it. I miss the years that have flown by, but I am excited about what is yet to come! I've learned, grown, and accomplished a lot over the years and hope to learn, grow and accomplish even more. I am thankfully blessed ;)


No comments: